Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I'm being way to hard on the boys. I've been placing so much on the word "DATE", that anyone who's ever asked me out on a date would receive an outright rejection, and a slap in the face to boot. Just a couple of days ago, this guy who's a year younger tried to date me, and received the following response: You're too much of a joker and I know not when to take you seriously and I'm a prissy bitch who gets bored easily.

Now, that's just one of my many "witty" responses to date. Guess I'd prefer to be bitchy and upfront about my thoughts rather than ignore the poor fella. After all, isn't it easier for the guy to think I'm an ass than receive a "no" in response?

People nowadays seem to be using that four-letter word too loosely...or is it just me being totally prissy to think that? I've always thought the word held a romantic connotation, and should only be used by someone who's, at least, remotely interested in the person he/she's asking out. Has the meaning of the word evolved into an equivalent of "hanging out"? Dang.

Then again (I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve right about...now), such immediate and sharp comments could very well stem from my defence mechanism of an invisi-shield.

Yes...I know that once the men realize that I was just trying to be considerate to their feelings by putting myself in a bad light, they'd be ranting about how they can take rejection and shit. Men? Accept rejection in a heartbeat? No way. Well, at least for the ones I've encountered. Their defence mechanism would be to find something horrid about you and focus on that, then make it seem as though you've got the problem. Here's the kicker: they immediately turn from people who adore you to people who detest you. How funny is that?! Then there are those who seem to accept the "can we just be friends" line, when they're really just thinking of how to get back into your pants.

It's amazing how interested I am in such events. Should probably study anthropology next.

How can a person who's never been in a real relationship understand and question such to the extent she has?

Could this be my way of breaking out of that jaded shield of mess? Or am I doomed to stay that "prissy bitch who gets bored easily"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home